Taking time away from the rest of the world to spend with your kids is not only fun and rejuvenating – and maybe a little wild, too! – it’s a necessity. We think there is no better way to carve out time with the family than taking a Pigeon Forge vacation. Think about it – a comfortable stay in one of our luxurious condos in Pigeon Forge with plenty of Smoky Mountain activities that both you and the kiddos will enjoy. You can’t go wrong with any of the dozens of attractions in the area, but we have found a couple favorites over the year. Keep reading for details about our picks for the best things to do in Pigeon Forge with kids below:
Tubing in the Smoky Mountains
As the weather continues to warm up, an outdoor approach to family activities are always a good choice. Your children will love the fresh Smoky Mountain air and gorgeous scenery, especially from the comfort of a tube flowing down the river. Tubing is a favorite among Pigeon Forge visitors as well as residents, so you know you and your kids are guaranteed to have a blast. We’ve listed a few area tubing businesses below for your reference:
- Smoky Mountain River Rat
205 Wears Valley Rd
- River Rage Tubing
- River Romp Tubing
1980 Pittman Center Rd
- Cowboy Tubin
Easy Hikes in the Smokies
Hiking is a perfect activity for kiddos to see the beauty of the Smoky Mountains while being able to explore them up close. It’s a versatile activity, too. You can spend the morning hiking before heading to the outlet malls and go-kart tracks, or you can choose a longer trail and make a day of it. Either way, you get to enjoy the Smokies without time constraints or cost. We’ve listed a few kid-friendly hikes below that we know you and your family will love.
- Andrews Bald – 1.7 miles – Slightly rugged terrain ending with grassy meadow perfect for a picnic.
- Porters Creek – 2 miles – This trail has it all – streams, wildflowers, historic buildings and a waterfall. The kiddos will have more than enough to explore.
- Laurel Falls – 2.3 miles – The paved path to the falls makes this waterfall one of the most accessible waterfalls in the park.
- Little River Trail – 4.9 miles – Featuring a cascading stream with small waterfalls and wildflowers, this is a great trail if you’re looking for a slightly longer hike with easy terrain.
- Grotto Falls – 2.6 miles – This quick hike features the only waterfall in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park that you can walk behind.
While fun is our favorite part of exploring the Smokies, we urge you to stay safe, too. Before heading out on your hike, remember these hiking safety tips.
Picnic with the Kids
Grab your checkered tablecloth and basket and enjoy a lunch with the kids surrounded by the Smoky Mountain scenery. It’s one of the inexpensive and simple things to do in Pigeon Forge with kids, but we’re certain it will be one of the tastiest and most fun meals you’ve ever had. The area offers plenty of parks to picnic in depending on where you have the rest of your day planned. You can find a few in the Smokies listed below:
- Cades Cove – 81 sites – No pavilion; closes at 8:00 PM May 1 – Aug 31; at sunset on other dates
- Collins Creek – 182 sites – 70-seat pavilion; Closes at 8:00 PM May 1 – Aug 31; at sunset on other dates. Pavilion can be reserved in advance for $25.
- Deep Creek – 58 sites – 70-seat pavilion can be reserved advance for $25.
- Metcalf Bottoms – 122 sites – 70-seat pavilion open April 6 – Oct. 28; can be reserved in advance for $25. North half of picnic area closed during winter. Only “pack it out” picnicking from Nov. 11- April 13. All dumpsters are removed during the winter.
Find out more information about picnic sites here.
Fun at the Condo
Whether you’re preparing for the day ahead or taking a day to unplug and lounge around, we’ve taken great care to ensure your stay at Cherokee Lodge Condos is as enjoyable as possible. We’ve included plenty of in-condo fun for the kids. All of our condos are oversized with two or three bedrooms, so you and your family will have plenty of room to spread out with a board game or snuggle up with a movie together. Wi-fi is available throughout the condo, so if you’re planning to stream the latest cinema favorite, that won’t be a problem. Our Pigeon Forge condos also have access to a kid-friendly pool with a waterslide. So, whether you’re out exploring the mountains or lounging back at the condo, we know you’ll be able to enjoy quality time with your family
For more information about fun things to do in Pigeon Forge with kids, check out our complete list of Pigeon Forge attractions.